Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's In!

About 30 minutes ago I submitted my introduction and first chapter to my book--I sent the other six chapters in on Sunday. For the first time in years, I don't have to work on *that* book. For the first time in over a month, I can spend some time on myself, with Evan and with friends. I've got another book to write but the insane deadline is over, allowing me to blog again and have something of a life--and to dress in something other than household variants of nighties, yoga pants and pajamas on non-teaching days.

Of course, I'm so far behind on grading that the rest of the week will be spent playing catch up--plus its advising time as the students are registering for next semester. But I am done! Even if I have to do more revisions, they won't be so substantial. I feel like I've accomplished something huge--especially considering how much of a mess Chapter 1 turned out to be. So tonight I'll celebrate by watching the sublime Revenge.

4 comments:

erica said...

Congrats Moya!! What a major accomplishment. I've reluctantly decided to turn my diss into a manuscript this summer, and I must say I'm feeling daunted by the task.

Enjoy your time off from writing and editing!!

Nhu said...

congratulations!

Moya said...

Thank you so much, Erica and Quinn. Erica--you are amazing--a book and two babies!

joyce said...

congrats, moya! you are an inspiration!!