Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Taxes

I just finished my taxes. I get a refund--not that large, but it is an improvement on paying in over $2,000 last year. It was, perhaps, not the ideal way to spend today--a beautiful, sunny and warm (high 60s-low 70s) spring day. But I had my usual Wednesday lunch with my friend Nelson, which is always so much fun. Last week, in the 90 degree day, we played hooky and went to the mall in Long Island. Today, we settled for yummy Thai food and good conversation. I so rarely have lunch with anybody, and it is so nice and civilized to take a break, eat and breathe.

I have to write my lecture for tomorrow tonight, but I feel like a huge weight is off my shoulders, even though I have a lot of work to complete before the semester is over, now that I have the taxes filed.

My J. Crew sparkly sequin sweatshirt shipped today. I also have a Rachel Comey cardigan coming in the mail from Kick Pleat in Austin. It's a chunky sale item with cables and interesting holes (the Pyramid cardi). Evan is bound to laugh and tease me mercilessly for getting yet another cardigan--he'll ask me which number it is. I think he finds my cardigan fetish more amusing than my love of dresses, even though I wear all my cardigans to death.

Photos, I promise soon. I have to get back to work now.

3 comments:

joyce said...

congrats on finishing your taxes! i'm a wimp and just go to h&r block. j.crew was good to me today, too. i've come to realize their matchstick jeans are the only kind that fit both by body and my wallet.

jennifer said...

In recent years, I have also managed to accumulate an obscene number of cardigans. They are a wardrobe essential. I think I wear one almost everyday, even in the summer!

Marti said...

cardigans are by far my favorite. embarrassed as I am to say this - you will often find me on a 90 degree day wearing one... congrats on such good scores!