Thursday, February 4, 2010

Felled at the first post

 So much for my resolution. I saw Erica's post about the Stel's sale and couldn't resist getting these rachel Comey pants. I'd thought about getting them earlier in the fall, even though I've never seen them in any store. At a hair over $100, I couldn't resist, especially as I am very low on pants. Of course, I just hope they fit and look as good in real life.



Stel's sale wasn't the only threat to my resolution. It's the Lyell sample sale on Saturday and I'm meeting Caroline to see what I can find. I'd like to get one of the short sleeved cardigans from SS 09 if any are left, possibly the sleeveless sweater, and maybe a scallop peacoat (this would have to be the very last peacoat other than the one from SS 07 on my Mayle wishlist that will never turn up in my size). I am also interested in the wrap blouse if it fits and is cheap and the crocheted dress which I think may have sold out.  I very much doubt they will have much stock and expect I'll get very littl given that the press get the first bite. Besides her production was so limited this season that there won't be much to sell. I also suspect that a lot of the fall stock won't be in the sale. I got the final size 8 purple wool gathered skirt (which I wore today with my old Lyell polka dot blouse from FW 05 and a black J. Crew cashmere turteneck sweater), so even if it is reduced, it won't be in my size.

And I so need shoes. That one seems not to be happening.

Tomorrow, I get to meet up with Marti for lunch and shopping. It should be fun!

3 comments:

erica said...

stels sale is so good, i bought two saint grace tank tops for $21 total. i think i may need to go back and buy a few more, they're much nicer than the jcrew favorite tank (softer and not so low cut).

i hope the pants fit you, i didn't try them on, but they look like they would drape well.

lyell sample sale--wish i could be there. are you going to the stuart and wright sample sale? they have no. 6 dresses...

Moya said...

Isn't it terrible that these lovely things are here to tempt us? I wish Stels had more stuff available online (but I am very pleased they opened their online store).

I went to Lyell today and some of the sample sale stock was out. They had the sleeveless sweater you liked, Erica, for $140 and I got the tweed coat for the sample sale price. I'm planning on going tomorrow, weather permitting, to see if I can get one of the cardigans from SS 09.

I didn't know about S&W's sample sale? Is it tomorrow? If so, Caroline and I will have to add it to our itinery...

erica said...

the s&w sample sale is next week, feb. 11 to the 14. how nice that they let you have the tweed coat at the sample sale price, i'm glad you ended up with it!