Thursday, January 21, 2010

First week of classes

With the first week of classes over, I'm vowing that this semester isn't going to steal away from me like so many others. It is tough to write and teach, especially after the grading starts to get heavy, but I'm determined to accomplish a lot this time. The book has to go out in two weeks or less, I've got to get the proposal for the second book out this semester and I have my other goals to accomplish--hopefully by the summer.

It's early days yet, but my classes look like they'll be good. I'm happy about the syllabi I've drafted and excited to share some of these films with my students. I hope they'll enjoy them too.

So with time management and some luck, I'm hoping this will be my semester. I'm also hoping my Powerbook will last through the next few months, until Mac's next educational promotion--right now my power cord and battery are both on the verge of dying and I hope I don't have to invest in new ones as I do need to upgrade to a new Macbook Pro. Besides, I also want to save some serious money this semester as I have no idea what my employment situation will be next academic year.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I hope this semester goes well for you!

Moya said...

Thank you!