Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Quilts

With the amount of grading I have to do--I am in school today for a Gallatin colloquium--and the final appearance of cold weather outside it's not surprising that my thoughts turned to staying in bed. Or, more specifically, they turned to these A.P.C./Anthropologie quilts after I saw them on Joyce's blog recently. At nearly $600 with tax, they remained abstract objects of desire, when reduced to $150 I seriously considered getting one but at this time of year, even finding the time to get online and type out out my credit card info is sometimes not so easy. So when I saw that they were down to $75 (with the anthro 50% off sale on reduced items), I pounced and this beauty is in the mail right now (the corner lightness is a problem with the download, not the quilt).


I was torn between the one I ordered and the flying geese (below), but Evan preferred the former and we both thought it would be less likely to show cat fur than the other.



If I had a house, I would have bought both, but when you live in a one-bedroom apartment with limited storage you can't just jump on every bargain.

7 comments:

joyce said...

I ended up ordering another one after opening my Christmas gift (the flying geese pattern)! You're going to love it, Moya. Such gorgeous patterns.

Moya said...

I'm so pleased you got a second one, Joyce! At this price, they are a steal. Thanks for the update on the patterns--I am so looking forward to getting mine.

Moya said...

Which second one did you get, Joyce?

Amanda said...

I got the flying geese one when it was $175, and reordered just yesterday for $75. I'm always wanting something that Joyce posts on her blog, she has such a keen eye for things.

joyce said...

ben liked the center check pattern, so i got that one. i was pro-green, but he thought it too similar to the flying geese.

amanda, i'm a total enabler.

jennifer said...

I also got the flying geese one when it was 30% off sale. Now that the discount is at 50%, I'm sorely tempted to get the center check one, even though I'd have little use for so many quilts!

Marti said...

that is amazing moya- i love when anthro goes super sale!