Saturday, April 9, 2011

Some Success

Today we've finally had spring-like weather. So far this year, NYC has had one 70 degree day--this time last year, we'd had 9 or 10 and just a year ago yesterday it was in the 90s (we had a 50 degree day). Thanks to NY1 for this information.

So, I decided to try out a few of my spring outfits. The first one was actually too much for the day--black Rag and Bone skinny pants (which seemed a little less skinny--hopefully that's a good sign), iris Mayle Alyosha blouse and black Angelika knit jacket with my high heeled RC ankle boots. So I changed into my Flavia skirt (which I adore), a red polka dot Lyell puffed sleeve blouse from SS 2006, brown cashmere J. Crew cardigan, blue Hansel from Basel ankle socks (why didn't I buy more at $2 a pair?) and my red t-strap No. 6 clogs. The best part about this outfit, aside from its comfort, is that the Lyell blouse didn't fit just a couple of months ago when Cindy was here. It was tight in the sleeves and the buttons pulled when I fastened it up. I love it and was so sad that I'd put on so much weight. I'm not saying I've lost a ton--there is a long way to go. But it is lovely to have this item back in rotation. It feels like shopping, only nicer!

I also returned my too tight size 8 JM dress to Gilt Groupe today and hope it arrives before the 21 day return period is over. It's such a shame it didn't work out--if I'd got the 10 or even the 12 I'd probably have worn it today. But the dress ran ridiculously small and by the time it had arrived, all sizes had sold out.

No comments: