Saturday, October 3, 2009

Loving Helen

There are some Mayle items I always overlook. Pretty but somehow the weather or occasion isn't right. Or simply they fly under the radar. Until yesterday, Helen was one. I loved it in the holiday look book, but I bought it during the coldest weather so it remained on its hanger. Then it was too wet, too humid and too warm to wear. In some ways, it was the forgotten piece. I hadn't had it on for so long that I forgot why I liked it (other than the color--I love orange and it is a far easier color to wear than most people think).

Yesterday, I decided to wear it with jeans to teach. Lo and behold, it's a beautiful piece. Another reminder of why you have to try Mayle on, Helen drapes beautifully and has these amazing gathered 3/4 sleeves. It's not corporate, as I felt, but figure flattering with its high cinched waist. It will now be a worn far more often--it's versatile, pretty, detailed and another great Mayle find.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Dont you love shopping your closet? I felt the same way putting on a skirt from last fall the other day (trying it on). I bet you look wonderful in helen...lets see some photos

Moya said...

I do! I have to get a new camera or get Evan to take some pictures of me. I was really surprised and happy when I put Helen on--it is such a great blouse. You have it, right, Marti? Which was the skirt you put on--Amandine?

Marti said...

It is Amandine. When I bought it, it fit then I moved, gained some weight. I put it away and just recently broke it out and its fitting which is exciting as its essentially the perfect black skirt. pockets, great shape.....