Monday, October 12, 2009

A Happy Ending

In late September, I saw a dress on ebay that was top of a friend's covet list. It had a low BIN so I bought it after calling her (she was not near a computer). Then the long wait began. The seller didn't respond to emails as she was on holiday, the package never arrived.

I finally filed for restitution throught ebay. The seller again didn't contact me so I called them after the required week had elapsed and a coupon refunding my money is on its way. Ebay were amazing on this and I have the funds for another Mayle purchase. I wish my friend had been able to get her dress but this wasn't the disaster it could have been.

3 comments:

Marti said...

you are a saint! I am glad that they refunded you!

erica said...

so awesome! i always worry that ebay won't make good on bad sales.

Moya said...

I have to give credit to ebay--they were amazing. They didn't put up any resistance at all but tried their hardest to resolve the matter as easily as possible.