Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Packages

Recently the demands of my book have kept me away from the stores. I set myself a deadline--finish the book by the end of October--because it has taken up enough of my life and I want to move on. So that has meant staying away from shops. It has not meant staying away from shopping. During a couple of breaks from writing last week I ordered a pair of Chie Mihara sandals from Ped Shoes (a mere $99 on sale--about 70% off); Mayle's Vera coat from Fall 07 and Anahi top from Spring 08, both 70% off, and a dress and cardigan from the Gap--along with 3 babygros for my new niece (she'll be a week old tomorrow). Photos of my finds to follow, once I find my camera charger...

So much for economizing. I am currently waiting on an ebay auction for a Mayle dress. Having watched some bidding last night while viewing Gossip Girl, I doubt I will get it. I'd buy it for the list price ($150) but I am not going to go crazy and bid up to $200-300.

I blame some of this on Jane Mayle. Why did you chose to leave the business? In a summer of stress and disappointments, her clothing has been my major oasis. Sad, I know. But maybe one day I'll be buying those babygros for myself and wiping spit off my gap dresses. A girl can only hope and pray.

Meanwhile, it's back to my auction.

No comments: