Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Farewell September

In some ways, this year is going fast. I can't believe we're 3/4 of the way through 2014, but I also feel like Severin has been mobile forever yet he wasn't able to walk on January 1. Time moves even more strangely when you have a child. Days can seem really long (because you are tired), weeks fly by because so much of your time is already committed (to the baby, to work, to getting all those other things done) and years move both quickly and slowly. I turned on my old work computer today--I had forgotten that I'd changed the wallpaper to a photo of baby Severin. It's not a compute I use often (it's old and obsolete so I bring in my laptop), but it was a pleasant surprise. It seemed like forever since he was that tiny (about 2 months old)--we've done and shared so much since then, and it almost seems like we didn't know each other quite so well back then.

Now the year is almost behind us, I have those usual thoughts about not accomplishing as much as I would have liked. I'm hoping to prove myself wrong and use those extra, cooler days to complete a couple more tasks, including the book proposal I've nearly finished and those articles that could be completed by the end of the year. With luck and even more hard work, I will be able to reflect on a productive 2014 in just three months time.

No comments: