Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Boston Bound

Some of the work has been done. Conference paper and Powerpoint done, blog entry written. Fashion essay nowhere near written, book intro is a work in progress and the chapter is tabled for next month. If I get the book and maybe the fashion paper done I'll be fine. I'm meeting with two publishers (for books 2 and 3) at the conference and will be looking for back up publishers for the second lest things don't work out (I've spoken to Routledge and they are a possibility but I want a university press).

It's warm here and bizarrely warmer in Boston. I'll see 70s, 80s, 60s and 50s so packing light isn't an option (and I'm a light packer). I'm bringing the book too--hopefully I can do a reasonable amount of editing on Amtrak. I feel very much like I'm not taking advantage of the weather but other duties beckon.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your a hard worker Moya! Good luck and don't forget to take some well deserved breaks.

erica said...

i hope you have a great time in boston, moya! i wish i were having lunch at flour today, i miss that town.

i love doing work on the train. south station is a nice point of entry, and i always grab a banh mi in chinatown before heading to cambridge. mmmm.