Tuesday, May 15, 2012

End of the semester

Teaching is finally over for another semester and while this one went well, it has seemed longer than usual in some ways, and shorter than others. My fashion tutorial was one of its high spots--I taught four incredibly smart, wonderful young women who I'm delighted to say will be in my Media and Fashion class this fall. We finished our tutorial with the Prada/Schiaparelli exhibit last week which was really a great way to end such a perfect teaching experience.

I'm in that limbo now where I have a ton of grading to do very quickly, a few graduation events to attend and then its back to the chapter I left in March--it's a mess and needs to be turned around in three weeks. After that, I have a conference paper to write and then I head to England for a month for the conference and some family celebrations--including meeting my new niece, Molly! I booked the ticket today and am excited about the prospect of being home and seeing both of my nieces.

No comments: